2014 Tax Section Annual Meeting-
In conjuction with State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting
June 26-27, 2014
Austin Convention Center
500 E. 4th St., Austin, TX 78701
For more information, visit the Annual Meeting website.
Our Annual Meeting was held on Friday, June 27, 2014, at 8:00 a.m. followed by the CLE Program which will begin at 8:30 a.m. This year’s world-class program was headlined by Doug Lindholm, President and Executive Director, Council on State Taxation and Hon. Juan F. Vasquez, U.S. Tax Court Judge, and Faris Fink, Former IRS SBSE Commissioner.
Tax Section presenters covered the following topics:
- U.S. Tax Court Updates: Keeping up with the rules and practice tips for practitioners
- Cross Border Taxation Between the U.S. and Mexico
- Panel on State Tax Tribunals
- Taxation and Federal Benefits for Unmarried and Same-Sex Couples
- Changes in the Internal Revenue Service and Best Practices
- Eagle Ford Shale Development: Legal and Tax Aspects of Oil and Gas Leasing and Land/Water Usage